April was not a great month for me. I got 2 rounds of a nasty virus (cough, cold, etc) and so did my husband. So we were sick most of the month and just getting the essentials done.
Some good things that happened was that I started walking around 15-20 mins a day at work whenever the weather was good and I was feeling OK. It just felt really good to be out walking again. I've also been doing a lot more cooking and experimenting with new foods.
- Lose 12 lbs: Not much progress on this. I'm still at 136.
- Learn swimming: Waiting for my summer plans to get fixed before I can register for classes.
- Read 12 books this year: I read Eighteen Acres, Early Potty Training and Parents Magazine August 2014
- Do 12 craft or knitting activities this year: Didn't get to this.
- Introduce a new experience to AGirl once a month: I spent some time outside on our lawn with my daughter this month and I started my seeds indoors and introduced this process to my daughter.
I'm starting a new section below for my parenting goals. I'm hoping the accountability will inspire me to do more.
- Potty Training: We want to potty train AGirl by the end of summer as a soft goal. While I feel she's not completely ready yet, I want to start the process and lead her gently into it.
- Teach her to recognize ABCs: AGirl already recognizes her numbers most of the time and a few letters - A, B, O, W. I've been pretty nonchalant about this so far and want to start getting her to recognize all her letters by the end of summer.
- Drinking milk from a cup: AGirl loves her milk but she refuses to drink it from a cup or even a straw cup. She only drinks from a spout sippy cup. She was on a soft spout sippy cup all these days - I finally switched her to a hard spout sippy cups. My next challenge is to switch her to straw cup.
How has your progress been on your goals?