Skip to main content

30-Day Walking Challenge!

I came across the 30-day walking challenge by Leslie Sansone here. With spring almost there, I decided to take this challenge up. The goal is to start with 2000 steps and work your way up to 10,000 steps a day over 30 days by adding around 500 extra steps a day

I started on April 6th with a 30 minute walk around my office. The weather was great and it was a wonderful walk. Yesterday, I wasn't able to walk outside but I went for a a couple of walks totaling 14 mins which gave me an extra 1000 steps but I didn't meet my goal.

This 10000 steps a day is outside of my regular daily activities - so it's going to be hard to hit but I'm going to try to do it anyway.

(April 6th) Day 1: Goal: 2000 steps Actual: 3299 steps
Day 2: Goal: 2500 steps Actual: 1008 steps
Day 3: Goal: 3000 steps Actual: 0 steps (had a bad cough)
Day 4: Goal: 3500 steps Actual: 0 steps (had a bad cough)
Day 5: Goal: 4000 steps Actual: 2500 steps
Day 6: Goal: 4500 steps Actual: 0 steps (had guests - spent a lot of time on my feet cleaning the house)
Day 7: Goal: Rest Actual: 2000 steps (went shopping)
Day 8: Goal: 4500 steps Actual: 2200 steps
Day 9: Goal: 4500 steps Actual: None (had errands & dentist appt)
Day 10: Goal: 5000 steps Actual: 2500 steps (hit 9000 steps over entire day)
Day 11: Goal: 5000 steps Actual: 3000 steps (Almost 10k steps over entire day)
Day 12: Goal: 5000 steps Actual: 0 steps (developed a fever and stayed home & rested)
Day 13: Goal: 5500 steps Actual: 1000 steps (still sick but played with my daughter outside for 15 mins)
Day 14: Goal: Rest steps Actual: 1500 steps (still sick but played with my daughter outside for 30 mins)
Day 15: Goal: 5500 steps Actual: 0 steps (Getting better)
Day 16: Goal: 6000 steps Actual: 0 steps
Day 17: Goal: 6000 steps Actual: 0 steps
Day 18: Goal: 6500 steps Actual: 2700 steps
Day 19: Goal: 6500 steps Actual: 2000 steps
Day 20: Goal: 7000 steps Acutal: 0 steps
Day 21: Goal: Rest Actual: 0
Day 22: Goal: 7000 steps Actual: 2000 steps
Day 23: Goal: 7500 steps Actual: 3000 steps
Day 24: Goal: 8000 steps Actual: 0 steps
Day 25: Goal: 8500 steps Actual: 2000 steps
Day 26: Goal: 9000 steps Actual: 5600 steps
Day 27: Goal: 9500 steps Actual: 2000 steps
Day 28: Goal: Rest steps Actual: 2000 steps
Day 29: Goal: 10000 steps Actual: 0 steps
Day 30: Goal: 10000 steps Actual: 7000 steps

What I've learnt over the past few days is that life gets in the way of getting a workout or even a walk. I've been sick on and off for the last month. Clearly, you can see this is a challenge for me. However, I'm determined to see how far I can get.

At the end of this challenge, I've realized that maybe this was too big of a goal for me. 10000 steps outside of my regular everyday stuff is perhaps too much for me with regard to a time commitment for this season in my life. But it's made me exercise some and has give me some ideas on other challenges I could do.

Comments

Popular

Some iPhone tips you didn't know about

I came across an article recently about some iPhone tips and it had some suggestions which I didn't know about even after years of using iPhone.

Here are those suggestions:Invert display colors for easy night viewing. o to Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> Invert Colors to change your nighttime display.Slide texts left to read timestamp. A few days ago, I found myself trying to find out when a message was sent in iMessages and was not able to figure it out. This is useful info for the future.Ask Siri what's happening on Twitter. For some reason, I've not used Siri much beyond basic stuff like setting a reminder or an alarm. I should start using it more.Putting the phone in airplane mode to charge faster. I don't know if this really works but something i need to try

Saving money on groceries

Recently, we had some family visiting for a few months and as a result, our grocery bills shot through the roof. It's back to being just us again and I'm trying to reduce our grocery expenses.

One of the reasons our grocery bill gets so high is we buy a lot of groceries at the local indian grocery store and it tends to be the biggest part of our grocery budget.

Use a discount grocer or warehouse club - options for me are Trader Joe's, Market Basket, Costco, ALDI's and Sam's ClubChoose your primary store and learn its layoutWatch the store flyer each weekMake a meal plan and grocery listStock up big on sale-priced non perishablesListen to uptempo music while you shopFigure out the price per unit when buying a specific non perishable itemShop your pantry - meal plan around the items in stock in your pantry So I'm going to start meal planning soon and use the rest of these tips to reduce our grocery costs every month. I will keep updating on how that's going.

Ei…

Free Printable Baby Shower Planning Checklist

This would have been really helpful when I was planning my friend's baby shower and even when I was planning my own baby shower.

Check out this FREE printable Baby Shower planning checklist from Unoriginal Mom



Free Printable Baby Shower Planning Checklist - unOriginal Mom