Friday, June 20, 2014

Food for toddler teeth

I've recently been getting a little concerned with my toddler teeth. I'm not giving her a fluoride supplement and our water doesn't have fluoride. However, she drinks water at daycare and I don't know if that water has fluoride in it. This is something I need to bring up with my toddler's pediatrician/dentist. I'm yet to schedule a dentist appointment for her.

Regardless, I'm having some major food struggles with her and I came across this article on food choices for better toddler teeth.

The foods which were mentioned in the article are:

  • Cheese
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Oranges
  • Cranberries
  • Fresh or frozen cranberries
  • Apples
  • Water with fluoride (tap water)

Some meal/snack suggestions from this list:
  • Cheese kebabs with strawberries
  • Paneer Tikka Masala (go less on the spicy stuff but add flavor)
  • Sweet Potato Fries
  • Put pureed sweet potato in pancake or waffle batter
  • Steamed carrots or broccoli
  • Cranberry Bread or Muffins made with fresh or frozen cranberries
  • Oranges and apples slices

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular