Monday, January 22, 2018

My First Ever Dance Performance!

One of the items on my list of things to do at least once is to get on stage and perform a dance. And I finally did it!

On Saturday, there was a Tamil cultural festival for Pongal, a festival in South India. A lot of performances were there and we (about 14 moms including me) performed a dance to the song "Jimmiki Kammal". We practiced for a few months once a week and it was a great feeling to do it on stage.

The best part of the dance was the camaraderie between all the women and the laughing and fun. I'm going to miss it now that it's over. I feel a sense of great accomplishment that I faced my fears of going on stage and doing the dance without any major missteps.

This was the song to which we danced:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular