Monday, October 30, 2017

Home PBIS Chart


My daughter's school focuses a lot of PBIS - Positive Behavior and Intervention and Supports. The school asked that we support that at home as well and I hadn't really done much at home so far. AGirl's behavior hasn't been the greatest at home for the last several months and I gave some leeway in the first few months because of all the changes in our lives,. But now it has gotten to a point where I need to impose some rules and discipline.

Last year, I used sticker charts and while that worked for a while, I noticed it stopped working effectively and I figured let me try the PBIS chart at home like she does at school.

I checkout out Pinterest for inspiration and finally settled on one option. I printed out a paper with one table for each color and what it means. I colored it myself with markers (I would not do this again but was out of color printer ink at the time) and laminated it. Found a chip bag clip and use it for clipping up and down to different colors.

She starts at green every day and clips up or down for good or bad behavior. I have noticed some improvement but need to work on it more and set down which rules are expected and which deserve a clip-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular