After she drinks her milk, I've been encouraging her to put it in the sink instead of placing it anywhere. I've been asking her to put away her toys. I read some articles to get some ideas on which chores might be suitable for her age. I want to encourage her to develop these good habits now so it gets ingrained into her.
Here's some of the ideas I've had and ones I've read about.
- Put away her toys after she's done playing with them
- Put away any utensils like her sippy cup, plate, bowl, spoon, fork, etc in the sink when she's done.
- Let her feed herself with spoon and fork and food in bowl
- Sort toys and put them away
- Dusting with a cloth or feather duster (keeping fragile stuff out of reach)
- Helping with laundry - putting dirty clothes into hamper, emptying washer and loading dryer, matching socks from clean laundry
- Dressing herself - will need help in the beginning. Try easy clothes to begin with
- Let her brush her own hair
- Wash her hands by herself
- Let her use a toy broom to clean up messes on the floor
- Help with preparing food and show how to measure food into bowl & let her do mixing
- Clearing and setting the table
- Water the plants
(Disclaimer: Most of these ideas are the WhatToExpect website. All credit to them)