Monday, September 29, 2014

Browser Tricks

Most of us spend majority of our time at the computer using a browser. Browser shortcuts are a great way to save some time. I hate taking my fingers off the keyboard to get to the mouse. I have RSI in my shoulders and wrist and according to the ergonomic expert at my work, this is because of short frame and the mouse being too far away. So I try to avoid taking my hands off the keyboard if at all possible.

Here are some browser tricks I recently learned which have helped me.

  • Press Alt+D to go to the address bar and have it selected
  • Press CTRL-Enter to type 'www.' and '.com'
    • Press Alt+D to select the address bar
    • You can type the name of the website. For eg. google
    • Press Ctrl+Enter and it will fill in www. and .com and take you to the website
  • Backspace to reverse one page
(Via About)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular