Recently, I made Sundal after a long time. It's a south indian snack made of garbanzo beans or chick peas.
Here's the recipe I used:
Ingredients:2 cans of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
3-4 red chilis, broken up in half
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon fresh/frozen grated cocunut
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Drain again.
- In a deep frying pan on medium heat, add the olive oil and let it get hot
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and wait for it to sizzle
- Add the chilis and curry leaves and let it fry in the oil for a few seconds.
- Add the cocunut and let it fry for a few seconds
- Add the beans and mix it well. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Let it cook for a few minutes and turn the heat off.