Sunday, June 10, 2012

7 weeks to go!

Suddenly it feels like time's flying by... I've got slightly less than 7 weeks to go and I'm so excited.

The baby's moving around so much more now and it's uncomfortable at times but still wonderful to feel.

We've decided on the baby's name. When we were discussing baby names one day, I suggested a name that my husband had suggested before but I had rejected it. The more I thought about it, I liked the name and mentioned it again. I did some research on the name online and liked it more...

As soon as I mentioned the name, the baby started kicking around a lot and she was moving so much. The husband started talking to her using the name and she was so responsive and moving around.

I don't know if she actually heard the name and responded to it or she was just moving around but we chose to take it as a sign and that's going to be her name barring unforeseen complications. :)

Her last name is going to be my last name - at least, that's what my husband wants. I'm not so sure about that. Traditionally, where I'm from in India, baby takes the father's first name as his/her last name. But in the US, baby's tend to take the father's last name and it's easier that way. But my husband wants my last name to be the baby's last name. While I'm ok with that, it feels a little weird. I'm worried about what my husband's parents and relatives are going to think.

I know I shouldn't care about what other people think but doing something out of the norm is still a little uncomfortable and I'm not sure what to do.

Well - we'll make the final decision when the baby's born, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular