One of the reasons our grocery bill gets so high is we buy a lot of groceries at the local indian grocery store and it tends to be the biggest part of our grocery budget.
- Use a discount grocer or warehouse club - options for me are Trader Joe's, Market Basket, Costco, ALDI's and Sam's Club
- Choose your primary store and learn its layout
- Watch the store flyer each week
- Make a meal plan and grocery list
- Stock up big on sale-priced non perishables
- Listen to uptempo music while you shop
- Figure out the price per unit when buying a specific non perishable item
- Shop your pantry - meal plan around the items in stock in your pantry
So I'm going to start meal planning soon and use the rest of these tips to reduce our grocery costs every month. I will keep updating on how that's going.