It's a new year and I'm excited about starting fresh again! This is one of the best things about life - you can always start over - no matter how many times you've done it before.
Last year, my blogging fell off around mid-year because of some personal issues I was dealing with but this year, I'm determined to start again. I have a lot of plans for this year but I'm going to try to be realistic as well. I'm going to be facing a lot of challenges and changes in my personal and professional life and I will blog about them as they happen. But keeping them in mind, I'm going to be ambitious but not disappointed if I don't end up meeting them.
Goals for 2016:
- One post a week: I want to try to blog at least once a week, hopefully even when life is extremely busy
- Get my daughter potty-trained: This is going to my major focus for the first half of the year. My daughter's 3 and a half and we need her to be potty trained soon. She's half-way there already and we just need to push her to the finish-line.
- Get her ready for Kindergarten: I want to spend some quality time with her and teach her stuff and play with her.
- Learn one new technology over the course of the year: I would like to learn some new technology like Selenium or write an iPhone app. Basically, I want to learn something new and implement it in some way.
- Organize the entire house top-to-bottom and room-by-room: This has been a long time coming and I have to get this done this year. This will involve some purging and re-organizing.
- Create a budget every month and stick to it: This is going to be challenging but is also very important to our family's financial health.
- Personal Goals:
- Read 12 books this year: I want to spend a little more time getting back to reading this year
- Do some craft projects: I want to try some craft projects which I've been wanting to do for a few years now