Friday, June 12, 2015

Daily Routine

A few weeks ago, I bought the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle and as part of the bundle, the getting started section contained the 4 Simple Steps to Stress-Free Homemaking mini-course as an introduction to the bundle. This course is 

There are 4 short videos each of which talks about how to solve common problems in homemaking and how  to integrate those solutions into your daily routine. I came up with a simple daily routine to start implementing these steps. 

The 4 steps are fairly simple but really important:

  1. Fold and put away one load of laundry before starting another
  2. Start dishwasher in the night and unload dishwasher first thing in the morning so you can start loading dishes throughout the day
  3. Once a week, have a meeting with yourself. Check on what are plans for week and see how many meals need to be made. Decide on what those meals are going to be and make a grocery list.
  4. Nighttime routine:
    • 5 mins to do quick cleanup
    • 5 mins to check calendar for next day
    • 5 mins to prepare for next day - clothes, lunch, anything that needs to go out the door
With these steps in mind and with some other ideas, I've planned my daily routine:

Morning
  1. Wake up and shower
  2. Make up your bed
  3. Unload dishwasher
  4. Write down To-Do list (5-7) for day
  5. Pack lunch for AGirl and me
  6. Switch laundry from washer to dryer
Evening
  1. Load the dishwasher and start it. Wash any vessels remaining by hand.
  2. Fold and put away the load of laundry you washed and dried in the morning.
  3. 5 minute cleanup of kitchen, dining room table and family room
  4. 2 minute preview - look at calendar for next day
  5. 5 minute Prep - clothes, lunch for next day, what needs to be taken out the door
  6. Put AGirl to sleep
  7. Take 5-15 minutes to do something you love.
  8. Put a load of laundry for next day with timer set for morning 4 AM
Once a week, write down meal plan for AGirl for the next one week.

I'm not working on the meal planning for the my husband and me yet but I'm going to start with meal planning for my daughter.

I will give an update on how this routine works in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular