Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Naan Pizza

My husband got some naan bread from Costco the other day and he ate it with some curry. He wasn't too impressed. I remembered that my sister had mentioned she makes pizza with it sometimes. So I thought why not try the same.

I google'd for some recipes and finally a found one I thought I could use with what I already had at home.

Here's the recipe I used from another blogger - I made some minor modifications.

Update: Use fresh shredded mozzarella cheese. I had bought finely shredded mozzarella cheese from the store a couple of weeks ago and tried this recipe again and the cheese didn't melt at all.



Naan Pizza with Peppers & Onions:

Ingredients (for 2 pizzas):

1 Small Green & 1 Small Red Pepper, chopped up
1 Onion, chopped up
2 Naans
Marinara Sauce (store-bought)
Italian seasoning - to taste
Crushed Red Pepper (if you like it more spicy)
Mozzarella Cheese (finely shredded)
Pinch of salt

Directions:


  1. Chop up the peppers and onions. 
  2. Take the Naan and put it on a baking sheet (I used aluminium foil on a baking tray)
  3. Apply marinara sauce generously and spread it around the pizza
  4. Add the veggies and spread it
  5. Sprinkle the seasoning & crushed red pepper on top
  6. Take a pinch of salt and spread it as well 
  7. Add plenty of cheese and spread it around.
  8. Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. 
  9. Result = yummy naan pizza!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular