Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bloody Show, finally!

After being 3 days past my due date, I was beginning to despair of labor ever starting for me. I hadn't had my mucus plug come out or any signs of contractions.

Yesterday afternoon, when I got up from a nap and went to the restroom, I saw some drops of blood - they were pink and brown. Since then, I've been seeing a few drops every time I go to the restroom. I was so happy to see the "Bloody Show" as this is called. This means that my cervix has not started to ripen and that some of the blood capillaries have broken. This means something is happening down there!! Yay!!

Also, since last night, I've been having light period-like cramps along with back pain but not regularly. This is still not very painful but mostly uncomfortable. Once in a while, there's a painful one but for the most part, not too bad. When I spoke to my sister today morning, she said that's how contractions are - period-like cramps with back pain. They get worse in intensity & more frequent and more painful as time goes on.

I'm excited that this is finally going to happen and hope it happens without being induced but am also nervous... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular