Sunday, June 17, 2012

Childbirth Class and Birth Plans


I have less than 6 weeks to go and I'm getting so nervous and excited. 

We had a very busy weekend. First, we had my 34th week doctor's appointment on Friday and she said everything looks good - height of the fundus & my weight gain was all good. We also went to get some pregnancy photos taken of me and my husband... they came out well and I'm so excited to frame them and hang them in the baby's room. 

We took the childbirth class yesterday and it was interesting, scary and exciting at the same time. Watching the videos of woman giving birth was scary but when the baby comes out and the mother holds the baby is a magical moment. I can't wait to experience that moment. We also did a tour of the hospital and I liked the hospital - the rooms were nice and spacious for labor and recovery and they leave the baby in the mother's room - they don't really have a proper nursery. 

I'm trying not to have too many expectations about the birth in case something goes wrong and things don't go the way I want to - then I won't be disappointed. My husband feels that I might end up having a c-section because I'm small. I'm hoping to have a vaginal delivery. Sometime over the next week, I'm hoping to create a basic birth plan which is still flexible. 

My main decision is still about the epidural. On one hand, I'm nervous about if I can take the pain. On the other hand, the epidural forces you to be on your back and you lose sensation in your lower body and that scares me - losing control. I guess to a certain extent, you do lose control as you go through labor but the fact that I can't get on my feet or feel my stomach to push makes me nervous. This is a decision I need to make soon though. What do you guys think?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular