Thursday, July 28, 2011

Much tougher than I thought...

Recently, I've started reading more about the environment and getting more and more concerned.

I started reading a few books about trying to be more green and reduce my impact on the environment. This is not easy and I can understand why so many people who want to do it give up and why so many people can't afford to be green. It's certainly the first impression you get.

After reading about the effects of SLS and parabens and the effect they have on us - reduced fertility, increased risk of ovarian and breast cancer and risk of birth defects in babies during pregnancy - I wanted to switch to greener products without these harmful chemicals. I started doing some research but it's so hard.

First, there's not a lot of information and it's very difficult to identify which information is correct and who to trust.

Second, what is the difference between green/organic/natural/sls-free?

Third, almost all the natural products are way more expensive than the products I use currently. Can  I afford to spend more money on this?

I was shopping the other day and bought a natural soap made of entirely natural ingredients like ground comfrey root, olive oil, etc. I started using it but after using it for a few days, I realized it leaves my skin extremely dry and I have to slather on body lotion to be moisturized and not itchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular