Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Planning a trip to DisneyWorld

I'm so excited!! We're finally planning a trip to Disney World. My last trip to Disney World was back in 2000 when I was still in college - so it's been around 15 years and Disney has changed a lot in those years.

I still remember walking around Magic Kingdom and Epcot with my parents and my sister - watching the fireworks and eating pizza at the hotel and meeting Mickey Mouse. And now, I get to enjoy that with my husband and my daughter. I'm so excited about showing Magic Kingdom to her. She loves princesses and Disney shows.

We're planning a 4-day trip and are staying on Disney property in one of the resorts. Our plan is to spend 3 days on Disney parks and one day at SeaWorld. We tried to do a bit of research already and have found so many website son the internet and tips on planning a trip to Disney.

Some of the big decisions we made already:
  • Staying off versus on disney resorts
  • Which resort to stay at
  • Adding Park Hopper 
  • Adding Memory Maker
  • Which rides to FastPass+ (though we may change this later)
There are a few resources I've found useful so far.
  1. Touring Plans:- This website has a lot of detailed information on pretty much everything Disney. The most comprehensive website - obviously, subscribers get even more information but so far, I don't feel the need to subscribe. 
  2. WDW Prep School :- This was pretty good and I am using this a lot as well. 
  3. Undercover Tourist :- The Crowd Calendar was really useful in helping us determine which days to go to which park. Other than this, there's a lot of other info as well. 
  4. Articles from around the web
I got 2 books from the library - Frommer's EasyGuide to Disney World, Universal and Orlando 2015 and Fodor's Walt Disney World 2015 - Both these books were very helpful with deciding on attractions and giving general information which were the latest. 

We're really excited about going to Disney in a few weeks and I will blog all about it when we get back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slid off again!

The last few weeks have been extremely busy and I have not spent much time on the computer at all. So I have not been blogging much - hope t...

Popular